I need help with.....

Can I claim for clothing?

This would depend on the type of work you do.  Generally for most types of professional office based work, you are not able to claim any costs against suits, shoes, or any other clothing.

However, if you need specialist clothing in order to perform your duties, you can claim.  Such items may include:

  • overalls
  • gloves
  • boots
  • helmets

You would be able to claim for the purchase, cleaning, repairing or replacement of these items of clothing.

Additionally, if you need to wear a uniform this can also be covered as a business expense.

I need help with ...


Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk