Today, we're excited to release loads of new enhancements and features. These, hopefully, will add to your experience of using Clever Accounts and ensuring your accounts are completed quicker and more accurately.
Automatic bank feeds
You can now set up an automatic bank feed that will pull bank transactions into Clever Accounts each day. For a small monthly fee, you can use this function if you are a HSBC, RBS or Natwest banking customer.
Cater Allen banking customers can enjoy access to their transactions for free.
Another new update is the ability to create dividends vouchers for any dividend you have paid to yourself, or any other shareholder during the tax year. The dividend voucher can be downloaded via pdf or emailed to the shareholder.
Flat rate VAT calculations
It's been a long time in coming, but Clever Accounts now allows flat rate VAT calculations so that you can exactly see your VAT liabilities based upon the % you enter.
We've slightly changed the top navigation menu in Clever Accounts. You will notice that we have added a "My Money" tab, which contains expenses, mileage and dividends and a "Bills" tab, which is the old Purchases tab. We've also removed the "Adjustments" tab and integrated this into a new "Accounting" tab which now holds all reports.
More user friendly help
As a new user to Clever Accounts, it was sometimes slightly confusing to know what you needed to do on each page. We've improved our page views when there is no data to show to give you helpful tips on why you should use the function.
Other new stuff
- You are now able to delete bank rules that you have set up, and unlink them from transactions awaiting to be matched.
- We have removed the drop down menu on the bank import/match screen to make it easier/quicker to select the required action.
- It has additional services section (in settings) to allow you to sign up for services we provide.
- There is the added ability to pay off multiple expense claims in one lump sum. You can now pay off expenses from the bank import screen also.
- Also, there are more menus, buttons and clearer navigation to the relevant areas.
- On the bank import, fixed when selecting a customer payment and the unmatched amount shows as a negative.
- Fixed on creating a rule that makes it mandatory to select the action. This was causing a few issues.
- Matching to a transfer on the bank import page wasn't updating the number of transactions to match.
- If importing and manually reconciling we've updated bits of the system showing the number of unreconciled items.
- Fixed a date issue when entering an expense amount to mileage nominal code.
- Issue with the VAT on adding an invoice to an imported bank entry